A Significant Remembrance for Sharon
Hello, everybody,
This past week was a significant week for me. It was the 22nd anniversary of my brain aneurysm. It is indeed hard to believe that it has been twenty-two years since that fateful faculty meeting when I had one terrific headache. It is even more difficult to believe that I was so lucky to have had it leak instead of burst. I know that that is what saved my life. (along with lots of prayers) The neurologist wrote a report that said that this woman would not survive twelve years without surgery. Guess what I do when I pass by his office. (Hee, hee) I really do not know how he picked that number from the air. Those of you who know me know the circumstances surrounding this happening. I can tell you that God wasn't finished with me yet. Without those extra years, I would not have been able to do many things, nor would I have met the people who mean so very much to me. I am grateful to have had those years. So many things have happened, and I shudder to think that I might not have been able to see my daughter get her driver's license, graduate from college with two degrees, or even attend her wedding. It is scary to think that each day is a gift from God. We should all remember that and be thankful that we are here on this earth for a purpose.
Please forgive me for this very personal reflection. Some of the people I love so very much would not have been a part of my life if I had not refused to enter that white light path to those gates. AWESOME!!!! Here's to LIFE, and all that is holds for us. I love to hear Celine Dion say, " Let's go for it. I'm alive."

3 comments:
Wow, 22 years! Amazing.
I'm sure on this day especially its hard not to think about how special each and everyday is and also how quickly it could be taken away.
And, personal reflections is half of what blogging is all about. Sometimes its just nice to have a place to write your thoughts regardless of how personal or not they are! :)
What a wonderful post. That brought a huge smile to my face...
I am so glad you are still around!
Post a Comment