How Do You Say Thanks?
The past two days have been a blur, not only for Sharon, but for Ellen, too. Sharon is writing this. Today was a big day for me. Both Ellen and I had test procedures done. Mine was an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. Hers were all of the pre-op tests necessary before her total knee replacement in May. Aren't we a pair?
As usual, the preps for my procedures were more involved than the actual tests. If you didn't have to suffer for so long before you get the thing done, it would be easy! But, oh, well, it is all over for now at least. No news about the results, but I think all is well. I don't even remember swallowing the camera!
The reason for writing this is : I want Ellen to know publicly just how grateful I am to her for our wonderful friendship. We have been through lots of things together (both joyous and sad) with both of our families, and through it all, we have built a strong bond. It is a lasting bond, and I am forever thankful to you, Ellen. You are the best-my best friend and confidante. We are a team, and everyone who knows either of us, knows that if one of us is there, the other is just around the corner. We used to sing a song at school, "Best Friends Should Be Together." That's how it ought to be. So, I thank you, Ellen, I thank you for taking me to the doctor, I thank you for helping me with so many other of life's difficult things. Robert Louis Stevenson wrote, " A friend is a gift you give yourself." I gave myself the most wonderful present. Our joys when extended will always increase, and griefs when divided are hushed into peace. I hope everyone is blessed with a loving friend like you!

4 comments:
How sweet! No thanks are needed. We are a team, you and me. Besides, in a few short weeks, I will be the one who is incapacitated for a while. I'll TRY to be a good patient...but I make no promises! Love you! :o)
What a wonderful statement about true friends! God bless both of you! Love you, Janice
That's beautiful! it's wonderful when you have someone like that in your life :)
Awe, that is sweet!! I'm glad my mom has such a good friend in you :) Makes me never have to worry about her.
Post a Comment