Gun's Up, Red Raiders!
Hello, Everybody. I certainly hope you have a fantastic weekend. Today, we were both glad that it was Friday. When Sharon went to therapy this morning, there was a gorgeous Texas Tech flag at the sign in desk. It turns out that the main therapist of this little place is a Texas Tech fan. It was funny. We both had our "guns up" all the time. Ellen flies a Texas Tech flag on game day, also. It is just nice to support your team, no matter who it is. Therapy continues to go well for Sharon. She has been able to do some things lately that she hasn't been able to do for a while. I took my camera to school today and got this shot of one of our little friends from Polk. This is Katelyn with her very special paraprofessional, Miss Connie. She takes care of our little Katelyn and our Paulina. You will notice that the smile is such a special smile. She has the most beautiful attitude about life. Her motto of life is, " I can do it myself." And wow, she can. She is only in first grade, but she is a firecracker. I can hardly keep up with her. She has magnificient muscles in her arms. She is amazing. We love her a lot.
Here is another one of our special friends. She is Katelyn's friend, Lauren. They are in the same homeroom at school. They are just the smartest little ones.
Here is another of our special little friends at Polk. Her name is Paulina. She, too, is a precious little girl who just needs a little help from her friends. Just look at that beautiful smile.
You can tell that we both love kids. And, we love to work with them.
Have a great weekend. Until next time. . . . . . . . . .

4 comments:
The kids are adorable. Can Katelyn still stand like a flamingo? I thought that was really cute when she showed us how she could.
And YEA!!! GO TECH! Down with UTEP! ;)
Nichole, we haven't asked either Paulina or Katelyn to stand like a Flamingo, but I imagine that they would if they could. You are right. They are both adorable.
I really don't think that the Raiders will have much competition, but stranger things have happened. Have a great weekend.
What beautiful girls :) One of the things I love most about Mikey's school is how attentive and caring the staff are to him and all the other special needs kids. Noone treats him different, but they treat him with respect and when I see that it just makes my heart swell.
What a beautiful blog and comments! Yea Red Radiers!
Post a Comment