Thursday, May 7, 2009

What A Twenty Dollar Investment We Made!

Hello, Everybody!


If you aren't tired of seeing pictures of our pretty flowers, can you stand just one more? This is the Hibiscus tree that we bought at Sam's one Saturday for $19.97.

This morning, Sharon's tree had seven beautiful blooms on it! You can see for yourself.


Yesterday, we went to one of our PTA lady's home for the annual Teacher Appreciation Luncheon. They caravan the different grade levels to the home, and then bring them back to school. They (the PTA ladies) have all of the classrooms covered at all of the different times of lunch. This has been a tradition since Polk began. The theme of this year's luncheon was Chinese. They had everything decorated beautifully. It was delicious and a good time was had by all. They had a door prize and favors for all who came. Thank you, Polk Precious PTA ladies! We had a great time!

Our weather has become HOT!! We're not sure what the actual temperature is today, but it was predicted to be 99! It's only the beginning of May! If the summer is this hot, then we will be sending lots of time indoors. We haven't had rain since before January. Perhaps our Oklahoma and Dallas friends could share some of what they have had. PLEASE!! We know you would share if you could.

Tomorrow is Friday. The thought of it just puts a smile on your face, doesn't it?
Have a good one.

Until next time. . . . . .

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Ohh I would LOVE to send send you all some of our weather. We had 10 strait days of rain. Yesterday afternoon and today were partly sunny, and Friday through Tues it is supposed to rain again.

Although I won't trade, I don't want 99 degrees in May! That doesn't bode well for Aug!

Stay cool, and your plant is lovely. I would love for my flowerbeds to look lovely. Right now we just have bushes. (but I have more plans for them!

The Marchiondo Family said...

What a beautiful tree. It was a good investment. That 99 degree weather is too hot, especially for May. I am anxious for it to hit the 80's here. I saw some pictures from the luncheon and it looks like they did another fabulous job! Have a good weekend!

Nichole said...

eek 99! Thats toasty!
I'd love to send you rain..the humidity here is killing me.