Happy Fourth of July!
Ellen continues to do very well. She has just done a remarkable job of keeping up with her physical therapy exercises. She told me today that she thinks she is ready to give up using her cane. I told her that she might be ready, but I wasn't. Besides that, she makes me use mine ALL of the time. That's when she informed me that she had been "fixed", and I hadn't. (Hee, hee.)
The first picture above was taken in my backyard. My daughter, Paula, gave us some desert wildflowers last year. I just threw some of them out there, and lo and behold! Just look what grew. They are really pretty. I guess they really like this desert heat.
The picture below might be puzzling to you. Hey, it was a slow news day! You are looking at a bunch of DEAD wasps! Yes, I said wasps. Today the yard man came and he left a note that told us of a wasp nest on the side of the house. Sure enough, I went out and looked and there it was right in front of my alarm system speaker! I am severely allergic to wasps stings! They send me into such a frenzy. If I get stung by one, I have to head to the hospital or doctor's office for a shot of adrenalin and a heavy duty dose of Benadryl. Anyway, I went up to Ellen's and borrowed her can of Raid Wasp spray. She didn't have very much, and we only succeeded in making them mad. We headed to the nearest store and bought some more. The picture shows the dead wasps and the eggs that fell out of the nest.


3 comments:
Have a great holiday! How scary about the wasps!
Wasps are frightening creatures! I remember how alergic Dad was to their sting. It sounds as though you took care of the situation. My hope for you is that they have no return.
Happy Belated 4th of July! hope it was fun!! Yucky wasps, hope they stay away.
Post a Comment