The End of a Tale!
Hello, everybody! Ellen took her return to work papers to Polk this morning. She will officially be back on duty this next Wednesday. Our summer has been quite different from those in the past, but because of this surgery we hope the summers that are ahead of us will be filled with some fun adventures. Thanks to all of you who followed this journey with us via our blog. We won't stop making entries, the subject matter will just change.
Sharon brought a lot of patience and determination to her role as care-giver. She is the best and I could not have made the amount of progress so quickly without her constant vigilance regarding what I was supposed to do -- and NOT do!! I will be forever grateful for her tireless efforts and love. "Thank you" does not even come close to saying how I feel. But for those of you who know us well, we are a team and what is needed by one is done by the other.
We wish all of you good health and in times of illness, someone to care for you with love. We promised one last picture of that gorgeous knee, and here it is.
Sharon would like to add a postscript to this little entry. I enjoyed taking care of Ellen so much that I wonder if I should have been a nurse instead of a teacher all of these years. Is it too late for me to go back to school for my nursing degree? I will only be 65 on my next birthday! Until next time. . . . . . .

3 comments:
You guys are both so lucky to have each other.
The knee looks great!! Glad you got the clearance to go back to work...but sorry its already time to go back to work ;)
Knee looks great!
Post a Comment