Sharon's Big Birthday !
Hello, Everybody!
Yes, it is true! Sharon turned 65 on the 24th! We celebrated by first going to church. At the end of the service, Father Trini always asks those who are celebrating their birthdays during the week to stand up. Then the entire congregation sings, "Happy Birthday!" It is kind of fun because it is such a happy time.
We went back to Ellen's home, and made a pizza for lunch. Sharon's daughter, Paula, called. She got to talk to both Paula and Jason. They had eight inches of new snow this morning. (We had a very warm day here in El Paso.) Then it was time for a nap.
We picked up Sharon's husband, and headed to Landry's Seafood Restaurant across town. We had a coupon for a free crab, spinach, and artichoke dip. Of course we took a picture, and here it is! It was delicious.
Our salad arrived, and we were good. Here is the picture of it.
Somewhere between the clam chowder and the salad, we were bad. We forgot to take pictures of everything. Here is a picture of what Ellen and Sharon ordered. It was a shrimp kabob. There were ten shrimp with veggies and rice. We split the order. That is why the picture looks like it has been half-eaten. It really was delicious.
The waiter took this picture of us.
After the dishes were cleared, here comes this beautiful brownie. I know, I know. None of us needed this beautiful brownie so beautifully presented! (But the waiter brought three plates, and three spoons, and the brownie was warm.....)
We went back to Sharon's house where she opened presents. Below is this gigantic card that Paul found somewhere. He also had it with a beautifully wrapped package. Inside that package was a digital photo frame. We will learn how to put pictures in it at a later date.


3 comments:
What beautiful birds! And what a beautiful brownie, wow, that looked delicious! I am glad you had such a great birthday!!
I haven't read any of your blog posts since we left Denmark and still haven't but wanted to put a quick post to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (yesterday) hope it was great, and I look forward to reading about it when we get home tomorrow!! HUGS!
Now I've read it and seems like a fun day! I love the giant card and how cool that he got you a digi picture frame! Those things are awesome! see you soon!
Post a Comment