Monday, February 26, 2007

Thank God For Modern Medicine

Hello! After a week of feeling really bad, Sharon can finally tell you that it is much better. She has had four breathing treatments daily, plus cortisone, plus antibiotics, plus lots of TLC from Nursie-Pooh Ellen. This morning, she actually got up and rode her usual ten miles on the bicycle. Coughing fits have been sporadic, and that's good. We couldn't make it out to celebrate my birthday (boo-hoo), but I still had a good day, thanks to phone calls from my daughter, and other family members. We couldn't go to the symphony concert, and that always makes me sad to miss one. We are long standing season ticket holders, and it hurts to miss even one.
Turning 64 didn't seem like such a big deal. I missed the usual singing of "Happy Birthday" from my mom this year. This is the year of firsts since her death in September. I really miss her sometimes.
This week finds Ellen and Sharon beginning preparations for their trip to visit Sharon's daughter and son-in-law in Las Vegas, NV. Spring Break is just around the corner.
One belated birthday present I bought for myself is a new laptop computer. It is a Toshiba, and we will be able to take it with us on trips, and put pictures on it, and hopefully use it to talk to Nichole and Michael while we are gone. I just have to get it all figured out before then.
We hope you have a fabulous week with great weather wherever you are!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Sorry it messed up your birthday and concert though. We are looking into getting a laptop as well, I know my husband has checked out Toshibas. Dont know what we're doing yet though....

Nichole said...

Glad you are recovering. Being sick is never fun, especially when it conflicts with birthdays :( Next year you will just have to celebrate extra hard :)