Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Close Up View Of Our Insides!

WOW! That was about the extent of Sharon's vocabulary when we visited the Bodies Human exhibit! If you want to check it out, go to http://www.bodieshuman.com/ . There are several exhibits all around the country. If you haven't heard about it, it is a process of plastination that allows the scientists to preserve the body parts of a deceased person. We saw all sorts of parts. The neat thing is to see how the nerves actually look under your skin. We saw healthy lungs, diseased lungs, healthy hearts and diseased ones. We saw livers, gall bladders, kidneys, bladders, stomachs, colons, intestines. If you were born with it, they had a picture and an actual part. They show muscles, slices of brains, like you would see on an MRI or a CT scan. We could even see the four layers of skin covering the skull.

It was fun to try to recognize the internal organs of the body. You can look at all the textbook pictures you want, but NOTHING compares to seeing everything "squished together" in what is known as the abdomen. Thank God for surgeons who know where to find what and be able to put everything back together again!!

All Sharon could say was, "WOW!" The most amazing thing is to realize that God put us all together. He knew what we would need.

It is raining here today. We were awakened by the sound of thunder this morning. It is kind of nice for a change, but all of this humidity makes us both hurt.

Her Royal Patient is really feeling better. She is driving, standing on that leg with the new knee, and climbing stairs. She is now moving faster than Sharon (AGAIN). Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted. Until next time. . . . . ...





5 comments:

Nichole said...

Glad you enjoyed the exhibit! It sounds almost identical to the "Body Worlds" exhibit I saw it Dallas. (though MUCH cheaper then Body Worlds!!) I thought it was really neat to be able to see our insides and what they look like regardless if you were healthy or not. Very cool. Glad my moms getting around better now too. Glad you had fun for a while being the fast one :)

Anonymous said...

We had something similar here in Orlando and I refused to go. I can't handle that sort of thing ewwwww. But glad you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Ellen, I am glad that you doing so well. What a marvelous opportunity you and Sharon had to see the exhibit. I never cease to be amazed at the miracles that god created.

Anonymous said...

Please forgive me for spelling God with a lower case letter. I did not realize until I published my comment what happened.

Anonymous said...

I saw the Body Worlds exhibit in Houston and it was amazing. Having taken anatomy I can especially appreciate how difficult those dissections must have been!