Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Little Catch-Up Column!

Happy Sunday to you, and we hope that wherever you are, it is where you want to be, and that you are doing whatever you want to be doing! I see that the last post was on Thursday, so I will see if I can catch you up with our comings and goings.

On Friday, Rob, the Terrific Therapist, came and worked with Ellen. He was scheduled to come just before noon, and I was put in charge of making a pizza. We make a wonderful Chicken Artichoke Pizza. This was the first time I had made it. Usually, it is a joint effort, so I wasn't too sure that I could do it just like Ellie. When Rob the Terrific, as he has become known, called to say that he would be running later than he anticipated, we decided to go ahead and have lunch.

Sure enough, he came around one o'clock. He had some new exercises for Ellen. He showed her how to get down her driveway to collect the mail or to get the paper. Off they went diagonally down the driveway. Diagonally--that is the key!
Also, on Friday, he took her up the stairs! I was watching with fear and trepidation in my heart, and he went right along with her one step at a time. When they got to the top, that dear sweet man told her that she had just done the easy part. The hard part was going to be coming back down. Sure enough, here they came. I was holding my breath until she got back all the way down. Whew!

After that, we were both exhausted, and took a little nap. Later in the afternoon, Sharon's husband, Paul, brought dinner from Johnny Carino's. We love to get their Chicken Marsala, and an order of the Spinach-stuffed Mushrooms. Yum, yum!

On Saturday, our little outing consisted of a trip to get blood work done for Sharon. Ellen went along and sat in the car. While she was waiting, an old friend happened by, and we all had a great time visiting with Priscilla Foster. We hadn't seen her a very long time. It was great to catch up with her and her family.

Today is Sunday, and so far we have done a little gardening. After that, we managed to get ourselves ready for the day, and now it is time for lunch! Before I forget, here is a picture of the celebrated knee. The incision continues to improve daily. We are putting Vitamin E on the site daily with the hope that the incision scarring will be lessened.
Oh, I almost forgot--we watched, "Because I Said So" yesterday. I know, it is a chick flick, but we loved it because it made us laugh. We have "Casino Royale" to watch today or tomorrow. Today is also Game 2 of the NBA finals. Until next time . . . . . . . .

No comments: