Hi, Everybody! First things first---this morning, two of the steri-strips came off while Ellen was in the shower. You can tell just how well she is healing. Stunning!
Yesterday, a new therapist came. His name is Rob, and you can see right away how she likes the new guy! He is certainly a welcome change in this therapy program. (Hee, hee!) Not only is he cute, but as it turns out, he is the father of one of our little ones at Polk. He is such a nice man. He has a whole new approach to Ellen's therapy, and he, too, is amazed at her progress. This first picture shows the little exercycle that he brings with him.
After the cycle stuff, they worked on several different exercises on the stairs.
You can see how she is to stretch those muscles.
This last one shows how she steps up and then down trying to keep the feet as parallel as possible.
We were expecting Rob this morning at nine o'clock. (That is an early hour to get up, read the paper, eat breakfast, check on plants, read email, have Sharon get a bath, and then get Ellie in the shower.) We thought we had done such a good job doing all of that. At 8:40 this morning, the doorbell rang!!! You should have seen us scrambling! I was in the process of dressing, Ellen was trying to finish up, and neither of us were prepared for the DOORBELL to ring. I hollered through the door for him to wait just a minute. It turned out okay, BUT he certainly had two half-dressed little old ladies scrambling for a little bit. THEN, he tells us that he likes to be early! Thanks a lot, Rob!
Yesterday's little outing was to Target after we rented a couple of movies. Target was almost more than we could do. We both were exhausted after that little excursion. We had already decided not to go anywhere today. After that workout this morning, we were glad that we hadn't planned to do anything else today. She has only been home from the hospital for three weeks, now.
As it turned out, we ended up going to the Water House because one of the water bottles was leaking ---not nice. I went in , he gave us a new bottle, and guess what? It leaked, too. This time I went back by myself. He was nice enough about it, but it was a big pain, nonetheless!
Just thought I would check in with everybody. We hope you are having a good week. Until next time. . . . . . . . . .
3 comments:
It looks like she is doing great and the incision looks fabulous! Keep up the awesome work and I am so glad things are going well! :)
-Kristyn
YAY for cute therapists! Glad to hear she is doing so wonderful :)
I can't believe its been 3 weeks already. I like all the pictures of your "exercises" :)
Post a Comment