Saturday, May 19, 2007

An Angel In Disguise

Meet Shawn and her two daughters, Brynna and Lauren! Yesterday Shawn, the angel, came by to bring two bags of ice for the thermal machine that pumps ice water. That is how I ice Ellen's leg to keep the swelling at bay. We use about two bags of ice each day, and that is a wonderful thing. Shawn brought two more bags of ice today and two of her three daughters. We had a nice visit. The girls were really interested in just what all of this was about. Now they can go back to school and tell everyone that they have seen Nursie-Pooh, and she is doing great!

If you have ever seen a picture of Ellen with both of her eyes open, please remember what she looks like. When anyone says, "Let's get a picture," her eyes automatically close. This first picture is of Joe trying to hold her eye open. Even that didn't work! If you have any suggestions to help her to keep her eyes open, please let us know! She is too funny!

Oh, well, we tried, didn't we, Joe?
She had another really good day. I put the passive motion machine on a 53 degree angle, and upped the speed one level. She had no trouble with that. When I put her to bed tonight, I said to her, "Don't you hurt just a little bit when you walk?" She said, "No, not really!" She is something else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA Ha thats like telling my son to smile and getting some god awful grimace. You just gotta work with it!

Nichole said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!! I love Joe holding moms eye open!! That is hysterical! Glad you got some visitors too. Looks like fun!