Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hooray for Ellie!

"Hooray for Ellie, Hooray for Ellie. Someone's in the hall shouting, 'Hooray for Ellie'."

Hello, everybody, it is going to be a great day today! This is Sharon writing this in Ellen's hospital room. She is doing great! Her surgery was on Monday morning and it went really well. It took about two hours, she was in recovery for a little more than an hour. Then they brought her up to the room. The only bad thing was the morphine drip. It made her throw up, and they could not find an anti-nausea med that worked. It was agonizing for me to watch. Finally, a magnificent nurse came on duty who worked with the doctor and found one that did. They changed her pain med. I left to go home last night with a heavy heart, but this morning she called me around 6 o'clock. She sounded like a different person! Was I ever excited!!! She ate a good breakfast this morning; at this moment, she is sitting up in her chair about to take a little morning nap. I brought the computer so she could catch up on her email. She put a huge smile on my face this morning. I got to see her scar, and I took a picture of her knees before surgery, and now I have one of her after surgery. I also took a couple of her walking down the hall. She loves her therapists, and they both are really nice.

I will try to put the pictures on the blog, but I wanted to write this first to let you know that she is doing great so far. When she goes home, I will stay with her until she is able to handle everything.

We were sorry to hear about Michael's Aunt Kathy, and hope that she is able to fully recover.

This hospital is small, but wonderful. It is owned by the doctors who are in the orthopedic group. There are only 25 beds, so the nursing care is also wonderful. The food, you ask? Well, it is still hospital food! Those were her words.

Thanks for your prayers, and good thoughts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear she is doing well :) Some of the best food I ever ate was in the hospital after giving birth to Mikey. They had it sent over from a really nice hotel for the new mothers. YUM!!

Anonymous said...

Ellen and Sharon, thanks for sharing. I am glad that things are going so well. Janice

Nichole said...

Glad everything seems to be going good , but sorry to hear about the morphine probs. no fun.