Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ellen's Hospital Fun

Okay, this is going to be all about Ellen's knees, so if you don't want to see them, skip over this part. This first picture is taken before surgery last Sunday. You can see the swelling in her left knee. You can't see the hurt.

This second picture is of Ellen and one of her therapists, Hector. He was the nicest person, and was so very sweet to her. He was amazed himself at how well she has done.

When the nurse came in to change the dressing after her shower this morning, I was able to get this gorgeous picture of her left knee as it looked two days after surgery. (Pretty tracks, don't you think?)
Nichole, this one is for you. I just had to take a picture of her lunch today. It is chicken cordon bleu, rice, peas and carrots. For dessert, it is fresh fruit, and to drink -hot tea. Yes, that is a pansy on top of the food. Isn't it pretty?

I thought I should at least show you dinner, so below is dinner. It is seafood newburg served over pasta with steamed broccoli, fresh fruit, and iced tea.
Here are some flowers sent by friends.
I was so excited today because Ellen had an amazing day. She walked longer this afternoon. The Continuous Passive Motion Machine was put on an almost 45 degree angle. She is going to be very hard to keep up with when I get her home. I am thrilled to death for her. She deserves to feel better for awhile. I might get to take her home in the morning. AMAZING! Absolutely, AMAZING!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks great! Sending big get well wishes her way! Hope the new knee works just like you hope!

Love,
Kristyn

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!! I am glad to hear she is doing so well :)

Nichole said...

haha, i love that you took pics of the food. I'm so happy to hear she is already able to start getting up on it and also glad her PT is nice as well. :) Hope the recovery continues to go so well!