Thursday, May 31, 2007

Oh, No! Don't Tell Her That!

Hello, everybody! Today is the day that we have looked forward to for two weeks. When I checked on Her Majesty at 2:05 this morning, she was sleeping soundly. Again, at 3:38--nothing! I was glad that I had set my alarm clock because it did indeed ring this morning. I quickly got up, checked on Miss Ellie, and jumped into the tub for a quick bath. Our appointment was for 9:00 this morning, and we were not going to be late on my account. At five o'clock, I went in to awaken her. She lasted the whole night, and not once had to ring that little dinger.

After we got ourselves ready, we walked out back to the backyard and check on the little flowers that we planted. This first picture is a picture of just how pretty and peaceful her little yard looks.
This second picture shows Ellen standing in her entryway. It looks like someone is taking her picture if you look closely over her left shoulder.

Then we were off to the doctor. We arrived well before the appointed time. We didn't even have to wait for very long. This next picture shows her knee just before the young man began the task of pulling all 25 of those little suckers out. I might add that it was fascinating to watch. She said it didn't hurt at all. The little staples looked like baby m's when he took them out.
Below is the picture as the knee looked after removing about half of the staples.
Next is a picture of the little staple puller in action. This last picture is of the technician who removed the staples for Dr. Westbrook. I kept asking Ellen if it hurt; she kept telling me that it didn't.

So, there you have it. The doctor came in and told her she could do what she felt like doing. (Wrong thing to tell Her Staple-less Majesty.) Sooooooo, guess where we went after leaving the doctor's office? We went to Carpet One to pick up some small pieces of carpet that she had bound from left overs. Then after we got back on the freeway, headed home (or so I thought), she says to me, " I brought my list for Albertson's!" I couldn't believe my ears. Now she wants to go to Albertson's!!!! What Her Shopping Majesty wants, Her Shopping Majesty gets! So, here I am pulling into Albertson's parking lot, and we go shopping for groceries! I am sure we were quite a sight--me walking with my cane running interference for her with her walker! (Did you get that picture?) Hee, hee!
By now, I have absolutely run out of adjectives to use to describe this lady who is my right arm. She is all of these things--awesome, fantastic, wonderful, remarkable, unbelievable, and on top of all of these, she is beautiful inside and out!
Pretty soon, Sharon won't have anything to talk about, huh? Until, next time . . . .






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When is the book being published? You two are amazing!

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your adventures and the play by play for the staple removal. It is funny how those little suckers don't hurt quite so much when they come out.

I guess no more ice is needed since you two are able to visit Albertson's :-) Please keep posting. Congrats on being stapleless (I don't think that is a word but I like it:-))
Shawn

Nichole said...

Yea for a stapleless mom!
Sounds like shes happy to be free of them since shes ready to do all sorts of errands!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!