I'm Goin' Home
If any of you are American Idol watchers, then you know that the song that is sung when one of them gets kicked off is "I'm goin' home. It's the place where I belong...". That's exactly where I am right now!! When the doctor asked if I still wanted to go home today, there was absolutely NO hesitation on my part. The care was just fine and everyone was very nice and the food ended up being great, but it was still time to come home.
My chauffeur, home helper, nurse, cook, and errand runner all showed up at the same time! Sharon is her name. :o) She has been doing all the jobs with a smile on her face. ( I think it is there because she can finally order me around and I won't give her any grief!) I'm sure she will acquire a few more names before this whole ordeal is over. We had a lovely ride down Mesa street! When you have been inside for a few days with only a glimpse of the outside world, the air feels wonderful.
I wanted to tell everyone thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and get well wishes. It is at times such as this that I realize how thoughtful and concerned people can be. It's amazing how the Internet keeps us connected from all over the world! I know there are still many weeks of recovery to take place, but hopefully the worst part is over. Sharon and I will keep everyone posted on how things are going. I'm sure we will have many tales to tell!

3 comments:
I know you're glad to be home! I felt the same way getting out of the hospital from having Heather. You're lucky to have such a great friend to help you along.
I am so glad that you are doing well! And I am glad that you are going home! I thank God every day for loving friends and family and I know that you do too!
To update Kathy's surgery and recovery: She is home and doing well. Her knee was broken in two places (into three pieces) and they pinned it back together. She is on crutches and can not put any weight on her leg or bend her knee for 6-8 weeks. She goes back to the doctor Monday and he will decide whether or not to put on a cast.
We want to thank everyone for all of the prayers!
Tanya (Michael's mom and Kathy's sister.)
Glad you got to go home and glad you have someone to take care of you :) As much as I'd love to be there helping Sharon out, I know you have years and years of payback of non stop attention that you have to give me...so I'll stay over here in Denmark for now ;) Love you!!
Post a Comment