Why, Oh, Why Did I Give Her That Ring-a-ding Dinger?
There it is---a cute little bell that was used for 36 and a half years in my classroom. I rang it just once, and every student that ever came through my doors stopped talking, or whatever they were doing, and looked up at me.
I gave it to Ellen to use when I brought her home after surgery. The first night she only had to use it once. The second night --only once; HOWEVER, now that she knows how to use it, .. ....... Poor baby, last night she must have had to get up once on the hour every hour for quite a few hours. The bright side to this is that the swelling in her leg and ankle had really gone down--a lot! So far today, she has had her leg iced since breakfast; then, after getting a bath, I just put her to bed with the Passive Motion Machine, and more ice. She continues to do well, and right now I put the machine on a 56 degree angle! (I also made sure that she took a pain med.) If I had known that nursing was going to be this much fun, maybe my life would have taken a different path. (Surely, you know that I am teasing.)
For those of you who expected to see a picture of the knee, maybe later. There was no drainage this morning, and she decided to postpone changing the dressing until a little bit later.
That's all for now, folks.

2 comments:
Cute idea!
Glad the machine is already on a 56% angle!! :)
Boy, that bell brings back some good memories, along with the CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP thing to get us kiddos quiet. Get well soon Nursiepooh!!!
'Wes
Post a Comment